Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Smash Cakes



Smash
cake: a celebratory cake intended to be destroyed, especially by a child

I love the idea of a smash cake for a 1 year old's birthday ! I had honestly never heard of a smash cake until a few months ago (you may be thinking 'hellloooooo' where have you been ?), so Jack missed out on that, sorry Jack ! ...we did get some great pics of him devouring his piece of cake though..like mother like son !

My youngest little man Max turns 1 in October and I will definately be doing a smash cake for him, it will be funny to see if he actually smashes it, or just pokes it.

Sarah xx

8 comments:

  1. I love your blog Sarah!It´s a pleasure to me to have found it!I´m gonna follow you!, Flor

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...what an interesting idea. i have never heard of such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. smashcake.com.au...i had to see what it was all about sarah. talk about chocolate fix. wow...they even have chocolate hammers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry Sarah you are not alone on this smash cake thing - after seeing it a lot recently on American party sites I figure it is something they invented! My OCD personality would never let me have one of my kids do it! Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny. I hadn't heard of them either. The ones on the aussie website must be different to the one in the picture with the foot on it surely. Do you have to have one to smash and one to eat or no feet except for in photos? Cool idea. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well...glad to hear im not the only one who hadnt heard of it..so it must be an American thing, great idea...the kids always want to put their fingers straight in the cake after the candles..so this way they can do whatever they want to it..while everyone else gets a piece of germ free cake lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finally got to sit down and read my Kids Issue of Donna Hay and was excited to find a cool smash cake in there...it was filled with sweets and had a little hammer for the birthday boy to smash it ooen !

    ReplyDelete
  8. My business is smashcake.com.au and we make the aussie "chocolate pinata" variety. Be it our kind, or the mini replicas of the 1st birthday cake, they are fun, very cool and guaranteed to be a talking point.......

    ReplyDelete